Vehicles That Rocks!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Google
 

Green Bricycles is even cooler than it looks

The idea. A compact reasonably light weight single occupant vehicle.

My solution. A more "Green" alternative to the conventional automobile. A totally enclosed fiberglass monocoque recumbent trike with electric assistI am currently building the prototype out of marine plywood and epoxy, two materials that I am quite familiar with. The planned prototype will have a independent suspension system, disc brakes on all wheels, 21 speeds and have a front mounted 48 volt hub motor.


The weather here is finally breaking and I'll be able to start working in my garage. Over the winter I've completed the nose section and rear fenders. I need to reinforce all the glue joints with fiberglass tape and sheath the shell with light weight fiberglass cloth before painting. The rear suspension is nearly complete and I've finalized the design of the front fork and suspension system. My goal is to be on the street on July 4th.

OK, July 4th has come and gone and I still haven't made it to the street yet. The front suspension is finished, the rear fender have been installed and I'm working on the final peddle drive system and steering. I'll add photos soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home